Pay Range: $24-$27
Inside Sales Representative
Pay Range: $24-$27
Under the direction of the President, the Inside Sales Representative works with all areas of the organization to maximize sales and marketing, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develop, research, and manage company correspondence and campaigns through Constant Contact and other social media, such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Assist in answering phones and emails for sales purposes, customer education, new dealer agreements, etc. Handles any escalated phone calls, complaints, and other situations in which a sales manager has been requested or is needed.
- Travel occasionally throughout the year to work tradeshows and customer appreciation/training events with well-established dealers. Use webinar software to facilitate customer/dealer training and product knowledge.
- Evaluates various processes and procedures to see if there are any instances within those realms that may be streamlined to increase efficiencies and quality of work. Works with Third Party Administrators and vendors.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships. Coordinates customer training.
- Research and initiate special sales projects/accounts to develop a plan of action with management for increased sales and customer satisfaction.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Works with marketing/graphic design representative and management to keep up on product developments and make literature updates and communicate with customers as needed.
- Analyze existing company products as opposed to competitive lines relative to price and marketability, and where warranted, recommend changes in sales techniques, design improvement, or other procedures for approval.
- Through joint consideration and planning with management, determine and formulate sales and marketing objectives, policies, and sales programs designed to achieve maximum volume and profitable operation.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, leads, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Work with and maintain vendors, foreign and domestic dealers, and special customer accounts and the related paperwork.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate price lists, quotes, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Terms and Conditions, etc.
- Provide a monthly sales forecast for all major accounts and dealers.
- Manage return material authorization issues and investigate complaints.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on activities, sales volume, expenses, etc.
- Manage price lists in operating system.
- Performs other duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, or a related field, or 3-5 years related work experience. Prior WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, Constant Contact, and Microsoft Suite experience preferred. Experience in the manufacturing field is also strongly preferred. Sales experience is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, regulations, compliance codes, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, process sheets, and correspondence. Ability to create sales literature that targets and engages customers. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and employees at all levels of the organization, whether by verbal or written communication.
Must have advanced computer skills. Must have experience with a variety of marketing and design software programs.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of specifications and information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to type, sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, carrying and moving parts, materials, and product for tradeshow setup. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes, essential oils and/or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Most of the time, the employee will be working at a desk within the main office.