Pay Range: $21.01+
1st or 2nd Shift
Pay Range $21.01+
This position rotates through the Metal Fab department production processes to ensure safe ergonomic work conditions and department cross training on standard work content. Employee needs to be well versed on operating designated equipment in established production cells and adhering to Safety/Quality/Delivery and CT standards. Product produced in this department are; Stainless Steel and Galvanized Restroom Partitions.
As we want to engage and involve all employees in creating a sustainable problem solving culture driven at creating an exceptional customer experience, this position will support the execution of both the physical and cultural change within our Operating System (OS) and is responsible for participating in the development, recommendation and implementation of continuous improvement ideas, process improvement teams, and activities for improving plant performance, as requested.
Here’s why you’ll love working here:
- Work within an innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Come as you are because jeans and t-shirts will be your daily outfit. If you don’t want to think about what to wear each day, uniforms are available after 90 days. Safety Shoe Reimbursement available from the start.
- Generous time off program, with the option to purchase additional Paid Time Off. Twelve paid holidays a year, including a company-wide paid holiday shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, free basic dental, life insurance, 401(k) with company match and more
1st shift (5am-1:30pm) and 2nd shift (1:30-10pm) openings. 2nd shift receives a shift premium of 1.50/hr.
Here’s how you’ll contribute:
- Production Operations:
- Adhere to Company Policies
- Comply with all safety requirements of Company and OSHA
- Must be able to produce to and Validate Product to Quality Standard and Product Specification
- Adherence to Standard Work, specified as to Content, Sequence, Timing and Outcome
- Proper use and handling of Company material, tools, processes and equipment
- Properly and accurately report transactions such as but not limited to: attendance, labor reporting, inventory and operational data collection
- Skills (Necessary and/or Desired):
- Able to lift and handle material and product as referenced in the Physical Demands section
- Able to follow instruction and possess fine motor skills to work with small parts (such as screws)
- Able to read and understand blue prints and process instructions
- Able to read and understand BOM Routing and Associated Work Instructions
- Able to operate hand tools such as but not limited to: Drills, Drivers, Saw, Router, Weld, Rivet
- Load / unload equipment and operate according to Standard Work / OMS
Here’s why we want you:
High school diploma or General Education Diploma graduate courses in Industrial Arts preferred, and two (2) years of general shop experience preferred; or equivalent or equivalent combination of education and training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.