Pay Range: $70k - $85k
Pay Range: $70,000 – $85,000
Responsible for leading the Polishing Department employees, equipment, and schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, lead, and coordinate all activities of the Polishing Dept.
- Work in close coordination with lead employees to schedule work to manual and robotic polishing stations.
- Document all anticipated daily backflushes by part and bring this information to the daily production meeting.
- Maintain production logs (DOR or other) sufficient to accurately document achievement of incentive pay rate for those affected.
- Track and anticipate consumption rates of supplies and reorder to keep department effectively operational.
- Actively coordinate with Engineering in the development, specification, and implementation of new polishing automation systems.
- Coordinate with Maintenance and Tool Room to maintain equipment in full operating condition.
- Adjust work hours and shift timing to optimize productivity and achieve required output.
- Adjust, adapt and help train the hourly workforce to reflect changing automation levels over time.
- Move, pack and back-flush part bins (50 lb. maximum) on a regular basis.
- Perform weekly timecard admin functions.
- Support department safety initiatives and investigate all accidents and near-misses.
- Coordinate with other plant departments to achieve the desired daily output and quality.
- Coach, correct, and discipline employees as required for effective department operation.
- Special tasks and assignments, as requested.
To serve in this role, an individual must competently perform each essential duty and have the experience listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (or 4+ years in lead role).
· Strong communication skills both spoken & written.
· Bilingual – English & Spanish.
· Experience with polishing automation.
· Associate or bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology.
· Polishing supervision experience.
· Automation interface – PLC controls.
· Fork lift experience/license.