Salary Range: $55k-$60k
Supply Chain Planner
Port Washington, WI
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000
Description: In this position you will analyze and implement production, materials, and capacity requirements to meet customer demand. This role will apply advanced material management concepts and controls to ensure appropriate flow of material to the operation to maximize schedule efficiency and Customer expectations. In addition, as the main customer contact for order fulfillment, the Planner will develop and manage Customer relationships to maximize Customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and utilize Company Systems to perform daily Planning, Scheduling, Purchasing and Capacity Planning activities.
- Receive Customers orders and forecasts.
- Develop a realistic Production Plan to meet customer requirements as efficiently as possible.
- Serve as primary contact between Customers and Operations for order fulfillment and production-related requests/issues.
- Communicate directly with customer to resolve any supply issues or changes.
- Maintain clear and concise records of all problems and correspondences for each Customer Purchase Order.
- Maintain relevant data in Company Systems (Syspro), including but not limited to Bill of Materials (BOM), Item Setups, Supplier Setups, MRP Setups.
- Enter and manage transactions into Customer ERP systems as required (SAP or other).
- Collaborate with Customers to manage incoming flow of Customer-owned materials in a manner consistent with Procurement strategy (Make-to-Order, Just in Time).
- Purchase Raw Materials from Approved Suppliers to support the Production Schedule.
- Resolve issues with material delivery timing, through expediting with Supplier or adjusting Production Schedule accordingly.
- Understand plant capacity (Labor, Line) and reconcile issues between capacity and Customer Requests as needed.
- Provide Planning Support for New Product Launches and Product Developments.
- Manage component transitions (Hard and Soft Transitions) with Purchasing Team and Customers to minimize inventory obsolescence.
- Continuously improve the accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency of Systems.
- Develop inventory management strategies for raw materials, addressing challenges including product life cycles, artwork changes and chemical shelf lives.
- Analyze Slow Moving and Obsolete Inventory for Customer Programs and collaborate with internal stakeholders and customers to obtain disposition where appropriate.
- All other duties assigned by the Supply Chain Manager.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or related area.
• Prior experience (2+ years) in Materials Planning/Supply Chain Management.
• Requires strong organizational/ time-management skills and attention to detail.
• Must have strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• PC Skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, etc.) as well as experience with MRP Software, Inventory software, and order processing.
• Strong Customer Service and Project Management skills.
• Understanding of MRP concepts and ERP system functionality.
• Ability to work extra hours when necessary to handle spikes in workload and meet deadlines.
• ASCM certification a plus.
- Comprehensive medical insurance plan and prescription drug coverage
- Comprehensive dental insurance plan
- FREE Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (company-funded & voluntary options)
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage (FREE company-funded coverage & voluntary options)
- Voluntary Life & Disability Program Eligibility
- Optional Flexible Spending Accounts (medical & dependent care)
- Prescription safety glasses cost-sharing program
- FREE financial wellness counseling and tools
- Time off for preventive care doctor appointments
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (FREE to employees and your families)
- Paid vacation time (earn more as your seniority grows!)