Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Observes all safety rules and regulations.
* Examines work order to determine specifications and sample verification.
* Supplies proper tooling and components to the folding machines
* Sets up folding machine per sample and order jacket specifications with the least amount of downtime.
* Seeks appropriate approvals (OK’s) on every job that is manufactured on the equipment.
* Troubleshoots operating difficulties including: analyzing machine operations, inspection of products, locating troublesome elements within machines and makes necessary mechanical adjustments to eliminate quality variations and mechanical malfunctions.
* Inspects product quality according to quality guidelines.
* Maintains accurate counts of envelopes to boxes, cartons, and skids.
* Adjusts folding machines and packs envelopes uniformly and neatly, also keeping up with the machine speed.
* Seeks advice from management when quality is being jeopardized for machine speed.
* Replaces gum window roll and roll of paper, as needed.
* Checks order throughout course of production to ensure accurate labeling, printing, and packaging of product.
* Removes paper jams and performs preventative maintenance when scheduled.
* Follows all 5S expectations.
* Transports finished goods to appropriate area.
* Works as a team with the operator and other adjusters including other shifts.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.