Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Packaging Operator I is primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of their assigned secondary packaging equipment (case erectors, case packers, case sealers, sleevers, palletizers, etc.). They also operate forklifts or other pallet jack equipment to load, unload, move, stage and count product and materials.
· Ensures compliance with safety standards and applicable regulatory requirements while following the company’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
· Operates and observes secondary packaging equipment to ensure food safety, product quality and conformity meeting customer standards and specifications
· Performs clean, inspect and lube functions
· Actively participates in start up, troubleshooting/adjustment, stop/reset and shutdown of line equipment – Clears jams and reports malfunctions to Business Lead/Supervisor as necessary
· Performs changeovers – Completes line clears and accurately sets up next item’s packaging and coding
· Applies appropriate labels to secondary packages and completed finished goods pallets
· Reports out of standard/specification results to the Quality Department and Business Unit Lead/Supervisor
· Reports unsafe conditions or other compliance issues to the Business Unit Lead/Supervisor
· Completes handwritten instructions and on-line documentation including Quality and Critical Control Point (CCP) checks accurately and at the required frequencies
· Maintains accurate and detailed work log (including Factory MES data collection) and inventory records
· Monitors and reviews inventory and production levels to achieve the most efficient operating conditions
· Maintains assigned work area and production environment in clean orderly condition – completes environmental cleaning requirements as necessary
· Actively participates in shift exchanges and work team meetings
· Safely operates forklifts to handle materials and finished goods
· Completes training/eLearning as required including but not limited to Lean Overview, Chemical Safety, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· Demonstrated organizational, detail orientated and observational skills
· Basic mathematical calculation skills
· Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions in the English language
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment – often with limited supervision
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.