Locally based engineering services and manufacturing company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Rate of pay: $16/hour
Shift hours: 7am-3:30pm
Reports to: Production Manager
Skills required for job: Licensed fork lift driver, company may train if necessary. Basic computer knowledge, including: Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and UPS.
Responsibilities: The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties and all other reasonable requests as assigned by the Production Manager, Company President, and/or Materials Manager.
– Verify “Quality Inspection and Test Report” is completed before packaging control panel for shipping
– Take pictures of finished control panels, while doing a general visual quality check. (see separate work instruction).
– Place finished control panels on appropriate pallets, band, stretch wrap, and protect exterior components from potential shipping and handling damage.
– Weigh and measure dimensions of finished wrapped control panels that are being shipped to the customer through a common carrier. Send information to Materials Manager and Production Manager so a truck can be ordered.
– Complete packing list, have project manager initial packing list. Create and attach 8-1/5” x 11” paper address labels to the shipment when necessary.
– Load shipment on truck with pallet jack or fork lift, have common carrier driver sign Bill of Lading
– Give signed bill of lading to the Materials Manager. Give Danfoss bill of lading to the Danfoss leads.
– Pick up parts and deliver completed panels with company vehicle as required.
– Unload delivery trucks with pallet jack, forklift or by hand
– Verify parts received match the packing list, enter received materials into the appropriate parts log file and turn packing lists into the Administrative Assistant
– Move materials to their appropriate staging area, with the job they belong to, or stock location
– Place packing lists in folder marked packing slips, located by the Administrative Assistant.
– Pick up orders with company vehicles when needed
– Gather stock items for jobs into a box labeled with the job number.
– Return extra components to Vendor or Stock according to the vendor RMA. Verify ship dates for components returned to vendor.
– Stage jobs in a location suitable for the project as directed by the Production Manager.
– Stock vending machines as needed
– Shovel, snow blow and apply salt to stairs and walking areas when needed.
– Assist with placing finished panels into their enclosures as needed
– Perform shop and building maintenance as needed
– Inform Production Manager if you find we are low or out of stock items
– Maintain sufficient shipping pallet inventory