Large Print Manufacturer located in Sussex, WI is seeking additional Press Operators in their digital divisions.
Directs the crew and perform manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up, maintenance and operations of the press. Responsible for the quantitative and qualitative press performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspection of spin jets and mylar.
- Inspection of paper to assure conformance to specified requirements.
- Set up feeder, including sucker position, pile height, side guides and head stops, for efficient operation.
- Add water to tanks and check conductivity and pH and adjust as necessary with fountain solution.
- Set up delivery, including vacuum wheels, jogging paddles, insert skid.
- Rule up and fold down to assure correct layout and pagination.
- Demonstrate the ability to start up and operate the press efficiently.
- Set and adjust ink density to achieve target densities.
- Match ink density of printed piece to samples or proofs or density standards.
- Stack or palletize delivered sheets to assure against offsetting and other damage.
- Demonstrate the ability to thoroughly clean up the press including impression cylinders and other areas of the press which are identified in the operating manual as requiring cleaning.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform preventative maintenance including lubrication, roller inspection and deglazing, clean water tanks, make roller changes, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively supervise and motivate any associated press crew.
- Demonstrate consistency and accuracy in collecting and recording data required for the following: color density measurements using the densitometer, pH and conductivity charting, consecutive sheet pull plan, non-conforming Material Reports, load tags, paper usage reports, job tickets, “OK Sheet” procedure and associated data collection.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the shop floor data collection terminals and display consistency and accuracy in meeting the data collection requirements specified by management.
- Ability to operate load flipper.
- Ability to operate a hand truck.
- Ability to operate an electric pallet jack.
- Ability to operate a fork truck.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintaining the RCP
- Operation ofXMF
- Operation of the offline coater
- The ability to send files over to the press
To perform the job successful, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Written Communication – the individual is able to read, write and interpret written information.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates attention to detail with accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Cooperative – demonstrate willingness to accept direction from supervisors, management and peers to improve quality and performance.
- Demonstrate willingness to work together with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance.
- Education and Experience:Education equivalent to a high school diploma
- Mechanical aptitude
The physical demands described must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the essential job duties the employee is frequently required to:Stand, Walk, Talk, Hear, Bend at waist, stoop, climb stairs, twist, reach above waist and shoulder, push and pull, and lift or move up to 30 pounds.
Use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls.
Close vision and potential color vision.
The employee will be required to occasionally:Kneel or crouch down, work at elevation levels.
Lift, push and pull over 30 pounds.
Sheet Fed Press Helper
$15-$18 per hour
Digital Sheet fed Press Operator
$18-$30 per hour
Sheet Fed Press Operator
$18-$30 per hour
1st Shift: 7a-3pm
2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm
3rd Shift: 11pm-7am
Candidates must be available for overtime and weekend shifts if needed.
Temp to hire or direct hire based on individual circumstances.
Please apply through Kelly with WFA Staffing for initial pre-screen.