Large Metal Manufacturer
Large Metal Manufacturer is seeking experienced machinists for both 1st and 2nd shift opportunities!
Responsibilities: is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- * Setup punch press equipment to standards to ensure jobs can be run safely and at-rate
- * Performs initial setup of new tooling, reactivated tooling, and sample jobs to establish Visual Work Instructions
- * Evaluate production runs to ensure run at-rate and submit change requests (routing, VWI, etc) as needed
- * Expected to troubleshoot setups and production runs and make modifications within specified limits
- * Will train and provide direction to Setup Operators, Operators and Production Helpers
- * Accurately record labor, inventory, tool maintenance requests, and job data in ERP system
- *Work with Manufacturing Lead to implement setup reduction and other continuous improvement ideas to improve performance in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- * Assist Tool & Die personnel in troubleshooting, adjusting tools, and/or change over tooling
- * Will operate a crane to load and unload raw materials and will be forklift certified
- * High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of relevant experience setting up punch presses; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- * Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- * Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other employees of the organization.
- * Able to utilize computer and input data
- * Ability to interpret part prints
- * Ability to accurately measure manufactured parts using metrology equipment (i.e. Height Gage, CMM, Comparator)
- * Understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) preferred
Pay is based on experience, 1st and 2nd shift opportunities available!